Sunday, August 09, 2009

week in review.

ok ok. I'm sorry. I know you've all been sitting at your computers for the past week waiting for me to post. So here I am! taadaa....

Anyways...

.KINGS PEAK.


Was awesome.

It was 8 miles in to where we camped. 6 up and 6 back. and then 8 miles back out to the car. so...28 miles in 3 days. I thought I was going to die. I had a 30 pound pack. I figured I was gonna hike for a mile or so and then die. But it actually wasn't that bad. And. Confession. I didn't actually make it all the way to the top....you see...my brothers were way fast. And my parents were way slow. So by the time they caught up to me, they decided they weren't gonna make it to the top. And I wasn't about climb the last mile alone...cause its super steep and your just climbing over all these crazy boulders and stuff...so I almost made it...only 1 mile short. So I want to go again...Weather was awesome though. Usually it rains crazy hard. But it didn't for us. Super super duper windy though.



The night I got home. Which was last Saturday. I went to some fireworks with my friends. I couldn't walk cause I think I pulled a muscle or something behind my knee. So I was all exhausted and limping. But it was sooo worth it. Cause they had a dance after the fireworks. And it was a bunch of jr. high and high school kids standing around...trying to look cool. And myself and my friends were dancing around like fools. Literally. Well at least I know I looked like a fool. It was so very much fun though.

This Friday. I went to a friends cabin in Heber. We were up till 6 in the morning. Well thats when I fell asleep. The first person went to sleep around 4 and some never went to sleep. Good times though. We played that around the world pool game. And Nightmare! Have you ever played that?!? I had never heard of it. Its a board game and you watch a video with it. It was so crazy. Like an old school interactive dvd game. Only on vhs...so it wasn't really interactive. You just do what it says and stuff. and disturbia. and there was dinner. and...shark week on discovery channel. and my awesome oreo cookies. and mafia. hilarious.

And we went to some hot pools...i guess there called. They were sooo very hot though. I really couldn't even keep my feet in for more than a few seconds. But some of my crazy friends were swimming and doing cannonballs and diving in, the crazies.


















They were insane. Good times though. The rest are posted on facebook for your viewing enjoyment.
and then.... (sorry i am posting about a million boring things. get over it.)

Katie (friend/roommate) got married on Saturday. So after getting less than 3 hours of sleep and an awesome breakfast I headed back down to Layton for wedding festivities. The luncheon was delicious. And the recep was way fun to. A bunch of the friends came and I got to see a bunch of people from logan that i hadn't seen in ages. Good food. Chocolate dipped strawberries. mmmm. And wedding cake. mmmm. good times. Then i came home and was in bed before 10:30 and slept for 12 hours. lovely. Saren has pictures of that joyous occasion though. so sorry. you don't get to see any from me.

The End.

2 comments:

Keely said...

You were only one mile short!! You definately have to go again so you can make it to the top next time!

Holly T said...

28 miles? Are you kidding me? I would have cried the whole time! Anywhoozer all of your festivities sound delightful!!