Monday, July 18, 2011

Camping Adventures 2011

I WENT CAMPING!!!!

So I went camping last week with the fam. We went up to Idaho. The Sawtooths, Red Fish Lake. My mom has been going there since she was little. Better yet, my grandma has been going since she was little. So I guess you could call it a family tradition. This was my third or forth time there.

We camped. By a lake. There is lots of lakes up there. And I went fishing!!!!! I haven't been fishing in YEARS. It was way fun. I want to go again. And not use a fishing pole that was like 30 years old. I am blaming the pole (not my horrible fishing abilities) for not catching any fish . But the brothers did (8!) and it was seriously the best fish I have tasted in a very long time.

We were supposed to go on a 11 mile hike....but it was raining and stormy that day....darn....I do enjoy hiking. But maybe not 11 miles of it? We also went and saw the gold dredge. Which is way cool. I'll have to get the brothers pictures so you can see it and I don't have to explain it.



The brothers took this raft down part of the river. It has lots of holes in it. I am surprised they made it out to the lake.

So the trip was fun. Then we went home. And Travis got tired and took a nap.

1 comment:

Keely said...

I'm jealous! My fam was going to go there this weekend but the plans were changed! I love that place!!