Monday, October 22, 2012

Teaching Philosophy

 One of the main reasons that I wanted to become a teacher was really because I like to work with kids. I like interacting with them and help them to gain new knowledge. One of the things that I like best is when you able to see that a child has really learned something or grasped a concept or learned to love something new that they never knew existed. 

My plan for teacher is to try to help the kids learn something new that will be valuable to them in their everyday lives. As a geography teacher I want to be able to teach them about people and places and help them to think outside of their own lives or cities and how people are affected in different ways in different areas of the world. I hope that they are able to grasp the importance of learning and understanding new people and places and how it relates in their own lives.  

No comments: