Thursday, July 24, 2008

goin' on a trip

I went on a trip to see my good ole' friend Becki just a few days ago. And it was quite an enjoyable trip I must say. The flight to Chicago started with me waking up at 3:30 in the AM. My flight was fine, I slept the whole way and I landed in Minnesota. It smelled and I almost walked out to the baggage claim area. I made it into Chicago and after some baggage struggles, they put my babbge on the flight before me and it had just been sitting in the NWA office while I stood there getting worried that my baggage had been lost.... and some confusion on the curb I found Becki's car and it was all okay. (long run-on sentence.) We did make it home without any others problems so it was all okay.

On Friday me and Becki got pedicures. This was my first time getting a pedicure and I must say it was one of the most enjoyable experiences ever. I will for sure be going to get one of those things again in my life. I think we had to most beautiful toes in the state of Illinois. Really I think we did.


We happy chums after that so we went to the store with her mom and Heidi to buy a tile.


Becki bought a lovely green pant suit and your lives would be for the better if you were to go look at on her blog. I think we just chilled the rest of the day after that. I don't remember at the moment. But I am sure it was fun.

The next morning me Becki and Adam got up early to go see Dark Knight at the IMAX theater. Now that was a good show. I only recognized Heath Ledger once the entire show. He was that creepy and awesome. It was a good show and I bet much better in IMAX than in a normal theater.

That night Becki and her family went to the American Idol concert and I stayed home and watched Jackson. We became really good friends and he didn't cry for a really long time. Which if you know Jackson is a really good accomplishment. He even let me hold him when he was sad. which was also a good thing. These are some pictures of happy Jackson. The one where he is on the left of the screen he was running around the chairs and the Love Sac for like 5 minutes. He thought it was hilarious. That was the only picture I got of him where he wasn't all blurry or not looking at the camera. The other one he is just cute and giggling. Then he started getting upset cause he wanted his mom or dad or grandpa or whoever wasn't there. He was still really cute cause he let me hold him.

Then there was Sunday and lots of people over and eating and talking and other good Sunday stuff such as that. Then there was Monday. I woke up at 7 cause I had to be at the airport on time. We got there and the place where I was checking my baggage was flooded? There was some leak or pipe broken or I have no idea. Then I couldn't check in to my flight. It wouldn't work and the people took about 7 years to figure it out. I got my ticket and didn't have any problems with the security check. I got to my terminal and was waiting and they told us the flight was delayed. Then said it was more delayed....then canceled. I was still doing good at this point. The lady put me on the later flight to Minnesota and I should still make flight to Salt Lake in time.

So....long story short I missed my flight in Minnesota. We sat on the plane for an extra 10 minutes cause there was still a plane at our gate. They let all the people that were going to miss their flights get off first. So I get off and look for my gate and then RUN to my gate. The plane is SITTING there. And the door is closed and there isn't any people at the desk thinger. I walk over to the lady down the way and she is taking 12 years to help the people in front of me. At this point I really just want to be home and do not want to sit in the airport for 3 extra hours for my next flight. I can feel the tears. I am on the verge. The lady is helping me get my ticket for the lady flight and I can't really talk. She goes over to get a money coupon thing so I can buy food and I just lose it. It was awful. She comes back and pats me on the arm and says she hopes my day gets better.

I go into the bathroom and lose it even more. I cry for a bit and come out and look really ugly and red and splotchy. I have to spend the next 3 hours in the stinky Minnesota airport. ugh. I start calling the paretnals after that. blah blah blah i buy t shirts and magnets and buy food for the next 3 hours. My plane leaves on time and I sat around a lot of foreign people and that was cool. I made it home. It was kind of an awful day but yeah. good times all around.

2 comments:

Becki said...

i think having an emotional breakdown in an airport is like a right of passage or something. so i'm glad you've done it now so it doesn't have to happen again and you should never have to miss flights again too.

i have declared it.

Holly T said...

I have a similar story. Oh wait no I don't, because I have never flown. I'm such a loser. I hope that I can have a crappy experience like yours someday....