Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Family Vacation

(This is probably going to be rather boring so I won't be offended if you don't read it.)

Saturday afternoon we FINALLY were all ready and made our way to Park City in 2 cars. We got there and I read and was stressed and read some more than was happy.

On Sunday we went to main street where they have this Sunday market thing. We walked around and it was really cool and my mom bought some bread and dog shampoo. One of the booths was selling cupcakes but we didn't get any. I think we rented a movie too only I don't know what it was.

Monday we rented bikes and rode them out to where all the shopping places are in not Park City. On the way home we went a different way that had lots of hills. They were a little to much for me and I ended up walking up most of them. I also has the crappy bike seeing as we only rented 3 bikes and there was 5 people. It was fun though. I like bike riding and Travis is now going to buy a bike instead of getting new game software or something equally stupid.

Tuesday...We went to Mt. Timpanogos.... The drive there was quite long feeling on account of the fact that Travis would not stop talking. He was talking to all of us but no one was responding. He had an hour long converstion with himself. He would not shut up.

I was not aware that it was such a very long, hot, STEEP walk up to the freakin cave. It was quite a sweaty adventure though. The cave was really cool though. Very narrow. There were a few spots I was a little concerned for my dad...He is a rather tall large man. On the way down it was raining and felt wonderful. We ate our lunch on a 3 inch blanket.

My mom and me had to drive back to Hooper that night cause I had to teach tumbling. So I did that on Tuesday and also cleaned though house. Cause that is what I do. Clean the house. After blah blah blah..... 5 oclock we finally left to come back. I was driving much to my mothers dismay. Just as we were getting into the canyon it started to rain. And hail. And blow. And lightening. And was black. I honestly could not see 5 feet in front of me. I found it all rather exciting while my mom was freaking out. It really was the worst storm I have ever been in.

So we get up there and my dad has to go home cause he has to go to the doctor in the moring so he can go to scout camp. We went out to eat at some pizza place on main street and wandered around for a bit.So him, Travis, and his friend go home leaving me and my mom up there. I love main street. No sign of the cupcake store.

In the morning we went shopping....I really can not find anything worth getting all excited over at the outlets. I did find a sweater thing that I really liked. And also the most gorgeous shoes in the whole wide world but I couldn't decide if I should get them or not so I didn't....I should have though. I don't remember what else happened.... We got some more movies and such I think.

Oh yeah. We did the Alpine slide and coaster. o m g. so very much fun the coaster was. The slide was awesome to but the coaster was way way way fun. I need to try the zip line now. We got carmel apples too. I got carmel with walnuts. It was so good. I had been dreaming about it all week.

Friday was the fun day..... The plan was to drive up to Mirror Lake. Which is.....far away sortish from Park City. We stop in the middle at these cool amazing waterfalls. They were awesome. We played and climbed up them for a few hours. When we get back in the car my dad sticks the wrong key in.....it won't come out.... He finally gets it to come out after a few minutes. We think all is fine and my dad sticks the right key in. Nothing happens. The key won't even turn. (At this point my mom is really not to calm. She can get worried over small things)

So thus begins trying a number of things. Dad opens the hood and beings messing around and checking things....blah blah blah. It still won't work. After a bit this Young Mens stake camp things comes to play in the falls. So now we have like some 10 odd men helping with trying to get the car to work. The key thing still won't turn. They are all doing something differnt. They all were reading the car manual and checking the circut breaker things and dropping them and having to take more things apart to find those and poking around and blah blah blah all rather funny.

At one point I am holding up the EMERGENCY: HELP CALL POLICE sign with a little flashing light and got a really sun burned neck in the process. Since the is no cell service in the middle of no where. (Did I mention that. We were in a National Forest place. 20 or more miles to the nearest town. SUPER FUN.) So one of the very nice men gives us a ride alllll the way back to Park City cause we have the two cars. Car in the mountains has to be towed. Because there is nothing left to be done.

OH YEAH. and out of all those boys and men there was not one good looking even reasonable aged one among the bunch. And there was over 100 of them. Was terribly shameful.

We did get to have really good steak when we got home. With yummy sauce stuff. mmmmm

In the morning we got to drive home, all five of us, in the squishy truck. 3 in front and 2 in the pretend seat things in the back. So much fun you should all try it some time. So car is towed to a different town where this morning they told us its broken. So it won't be fixed till Monday and my dad will be at scout camp and my car is broken. So we will only have one car.

So despite some minor set backs it was really fun and I really like Park City. But I STiLL WANT CUPCAKES. WHERE ARE YOU OH CUPCAKE BAKERY.

ps. somewhere in all of there we went and drove around all the big houses and park city and all that. i love driving around looking at houses. it was real fun. we also went swimming a bunch. cause there was a pool.

CUPCAKES!!!! WHERE FOR ART THOU CUPCAKES????

1 comment:

Becki said...

cupcakes sound so good right now.

mmmmmmm.

and, did your family grow tons and tons of tomatoes again this year?