Saturday, June 21, 2008

to bear lake

Yesterday I traveled to Bear Lake with some ole' friends of mine. Because of strange numbers it ended up being me and Tera in her car. She didn't have air conditioning. So we got to ride with the windows down. Well she does have ac but...I guess if you want to listen to the radio you can't do them at the same time cause her car will turn off.....something like that. But we chose the radio over the ac. So we had a good drive until we were driving along and I heard this little thud hit the car. I look down at the arm rest and there is a very large bumblebee sitting there. I of course start screaming THERE'S A BEE THERE'S A BEE!!! over and over again to let Tera know that there was in fact a bee in the car.

After that the bee, whom I think was confused and disoriented from his fall into the car flopped onto the seat. So I had to scoot up onto the middle seat (I was still screaming things about the bee this whole time) I got my water bottle and put it over the bee, cause I could never ever actually crush a bug with my bare hands. Then I, still screaming tell Tera that its ok cause I'm good I can just chill like this. She says no, and going around 50 miles an hour pulls over and slams on the breaks and jumps out of the car cause she can't be in the car with the bee either cause she would freak out and we would die if the bee got out. So I jump out of the car too and remove the water bottle, the bee is laying there squirming helplessly and I try to remove it with the water bottle. When that doesn't work I took my shoe off and gave it to Tera to try to get it out of the car. It somehow made its way out...not really sure where it went. So we finished our ride with much laughing and hysteria.

We arrived in Bear Lake and found our people cause we fell a little behind after the bee incident. We got the tents put up and then headed out to the beach. It was good weather and the water wasn't to bad. It was fun out there. After beaching it for awhile we went to Bear Lake Pizza for dinner. We got one pizza for 15 of us. Pretty cool eh? Its this massive pizza called The Big Ephraim of something. You really only needed one slice and you were full.

Then back to where we were camping. Oh yeah. I only had to go to the bathroom like 12 time during the whole trip. I really drink to much water you know.

There were fires and mallows and guitars and tents, and cool scenery. I do like camping. Then me, Ashely, and Tera headed to bed. The people that were still up thought it would be funny to start doing stuff to our tent. So I was slightly annoyed. I was still up cause it takes me a bit to fall asleep. Ashely and Tera had been asleep and when the woke up they had collapsed the tent on us. They were a little bit mad. There started swearing and threatening to kill or slap the boys around and such. I was kinda mad but I really couldn't stop giggling. So yeah. That was kinda of hilarious. Since we were all up then we took a half a mile bathroom trip at around 2 30 and came back and went to sleep without incident for the rest of the night.

Now what REALLY pissed me off was in the morning the ravens or crows, and whatever other annoying birds there were traipsing around our camp eating the cookies that had been left out. They were SOOOOO NOISY. If I had had a gun with me, I would have shot them. It was so awful, they would not go away and shut up. Then everyone got up and we cleaned up and went to the beach again.

.....lost my train of thought. Oh yeah...so the water was FREEZING. Cause it was only around 10 30. I only had my feet in for a minute and got sunburned on my shoulders and stuff and that was that beach trip. Then to LeBeaus for shakes and fries. Shouldn't have got the shake cause I really don't ever eat them and so I just waste my money. What I ate was good though. Then we left.

And now I'm really tired. I could use a nap sometime today please. I am sure there will pictures of our adventures somewhere on Facebook too.

1 comment:

Holly T said...

When me and Scotty lived in Ogden there was like a freaking mocking bird that was soooooooo annoying outside our window. It made a point to keep us awake at night, and annoy us in the morning. I HATE BIRDS! I HATE THEM ALL!!!! GAHHH! They are such obnoxious creatures.... Anyway I think someone in my complex hunted and killed that bird. That was the best day of my life.