Sunday, August 17, 2008

we come and we go

ahhhhhh he did it! he really did it! Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals!! so cool. really. amazing.

I am back in Logan. And cannot wait to start work and school. I am soooo very done with being unemployed. At some point I need to start packing. Maybe I should have started doing that a few days ago. But I didn't really see the need. I just have empty boxes and crap all over the place instead. I was supposed to have been able to move a few days ago but we couldn't.....I don't know.

I kind of hate the beginning of the school year because you have to spend so much money. You have to have two months rent instead of one. You have to go buy a ton of food cause you have been surviving on a half a gallon of milk and a box of cheerios for the past week because you don't want to have to move a ton of food to your new apt. All of a sudden there are millions of other things you need to buy because you weren't really sure how you lived without it for the summer. And books for school and you always have to have a few new clothes for the new year. (especially if you work at an elem where all the little kids get new clothes. i should get some too) And you decide to get your hair dyed instead of just cut!!! Holy cow my hair is really quite dark now. I shall have to take a picture sometime soon. I got my hair done though cause I got my retirement check so I figured I could spend that. Yes can you believe I am already getting retirement!! No sorry, I wish. I had a 401k when I worked at the library and since I only worked there for about 4 seconds it just loses money every 3 months or something. I should have canceled it ages ago cause I would have got a lot more money.

My brother is moving up here too this year. We even have a class together. Really I don't know how that happened. I'm not sure how I feel about it, everyone will probably think were married. So that should be interesting. I think the class involves math though so I suppose its good that I already know someone in the class who's decent at math.

1 comment:

Holly T said...

Oh dear Sarah we are sharing so much of the same pain right now. I just moved this weekend. It sucked. We have too much stuff for our new little place. Its crammed in the closet. School is way too expensive. I am procrastinating buying books. I had to buy a ton of food and new stuff our our new place because when we moved we had about 4 box dinners, some ketchup and some eggs in the fridge. College life blows. Marriage good.