Saturday, August 02, 2008

aloha from dc!!

I am in Washington DC at this very moment. And I am very tired. I have been doing a lot of walking the past few days. My mom wears a little step tracker thing and we walked over 20,000 steps yesterday. In case you aren't aware. Thats A LOT. But I have been having a jolly good time for the most part. And a few not so good ones.

Here are the not so good things that have happened.

-We keep getting sorta lost. We have a GPS thing and it really is terrible. Always trying to take us on these back roads and making my dad confused.

-Its very hot. and humid. And were outside a lot. bad combo.

-Today my dad cracked the screen on my camera and its ruined. It doesn't work anymore. That was sad.

Good Stuff!!

-I love it here!

- Museums are cool. (they do get a little tiresome.) But a good thing overall. my favorites....the wright brothers section of the air and space museum would be one....and the natural history museum was pretty cool.

-LOVE the memorials. Definelty my favorite part. Vietnam, Korea, FDR, Arlington.... loved all those.

-its green.

-Today it started raining. And we were outside with no umbrella. We stood under trees and walked and little and stood under a roof of a concessions stand thinger. I got wet. It was great.

-Saw an IMAX movie on nature. was cool.

-went to really good seafood place in georgetown. I want to go back and go shopping.

-to tired. can't really go on.

lata.

2 comments:

Becki said...

I've dreamed about you the last two nights.

Night 1: You called me up one day and said, "I got married." Just like that. You had been engaged for a while I guess?? and you had a bunch of tests for a class so you wanted to get married before you had to deal with those so you just up and got married forever before your wedding date.

And no offense, but your wedding dress was pretty awful. Someday I'll have to draw a picture of what it looked like so you can promise me you will never buy a dress like that. But really. You wouldn't never wear such a thing.

Night 2: You came to visit me but Ashley F. found out and was jealous so she flew out the same night so we didn't really get to spend anytime together and we were both really mad.

And I think that's about it.

Sounds like you're having fun and I'm pretty jealous. I really loved DC last year. It's so nice and clean. You should have gone the the house the other day when congress left and the republicans stayed behind to protest. It sounded like a lot of fun. Apparently there were congressmen cheering and hugging and running around and they ordered pizza. You could have watched!

Becki said...

wouldn't never = would never.