Monday, June 22, 2009

Yellostone National Park.

I just weeded half the garden. Of my own free will. yes. I am that bored. on to more exciting things.

i went to Yellowstone National Park last week!! It was so very fun. I do enjoy that place. We stayed in an awesome condo in Island Park. The weather was pretty great to. I usually had to wear a jacket in the mornings and it was kinda windy sometimes. But other than that it was so perfect. It would not have been as enjoyable if it was super hot, like it is supposed to be there this week. It only rained a little and we were always in the car. Awesome. I love Yellowstone National park.

We saw lots of wildlife. Buffalo, elk, a coyote, 2 bald eagles, and a bear. We saw a bear. It was far away. Still. Totally awesome.

It is behind that tree stump (or a "snag" if you are my dad) eating a baby elk that it killed earlier that day. My parents were talking to some guy that got it on tape. And later that day we drove by where it was and the bear was still there. Its right in the center of the pic (center as in center right were the hill starts)....haha you can see it real good huh? My one that I drew the arrow isn't loading. But you can have a look on Facebook.















See. Buffalo. We saw lots and lots of buffalo. The babies are all little bit cuter than the big ones.
Yes?
















Thats an elk. And Old Faithful! Of course we went and saw Old Faithful. We got there like 15 minutes before it went off. So we didn't even really have to wait.Which was awesome cause it only goes off every 90 minutes or so.

We saw lots and lots and lots of waterfalls. And we saw the same waterfalls multiple times on account of the fact that my dad gave us the opportunity to stop at every single overlook for the same waterfall.... thats me at on of the waterfall places.




















So yeah. I am sick of uploading pictures cause it takes 12 years. So I'll just be done with that now. It was a really fun trip though. And I want to go back again soon.

Also in case you were curious the government is currently looking for lots and lots of soil scientists and soil conservationists. so if you need a job....

3 comments:

Chess said...

Sorry. Couldn't see the bear. I liked your other pics. You look very cute in the last one! :)

Leon said...

The weather is really great to do what? Make cookies? Do dutch oven cooking outside? Jump in a lake? I must know!!!

Becki said...

What a beautiful trip to YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK.