Wednesday, December 31, 2008

(squeak...squeak...squeak)

Ok. so on monday i think i almost burned the house down. i decided to make cookies. oreo cookies. you know the ones? with the cake mix and cream cheese frosting. the amazing ones. yeah those. So i was baking away, making awesome cookies and then i had like 2 cookies worth of cookie left over. and i didn't really feel like eating them. So i thought to myself well i'll just put them in the microwave. Now listen i have done this before and found out what happens, although not quite to the same extent, but i didn't think about that previous experience. So i put the blob of cookie dough in a little bowl and stuck it in the microwave and hit the 1 so it would cook for 1 minute.

i turned around and was getting the other cookies off the pan so i wasn't paying attention to the microwave. And should i have to watch the microwave every second?? So just as i am finishing with the other cookies there is this awful smell. And i think, did i leave something in the oven? I turn around and there is smoke everywhere. and i think, CRAP i forgot when you put cookie dough, or cookies for that matter in the microwave they cookie VERY fast and then start on fire. or start on smoke i guess would be better way to say it. So i open the microwave door and smoke comes BILLOWING out of the microwave. my next thought, CRAP the fire alarm! so i reach for the nearest pan, oh yeah, i just took that out of the oven so its HOT. i drop it on the floor and...maybe almost did say a bad word, kind of like in the christmas story, in slow motion. Only it was NOT the f--- word. so i reach for the other one. Then i start fanning and fanning like a crazy person. I open the door to the garage so the smoke can go out there. people there was A LOT of smoke, i mean A LOT of smoke. I opened the door the addition to let the smoke out there. I go fan by the smoke alarm a bit but it clearly isn't concerned that i almost started the house on fire with a blob of cookie dough so i leave that and go tie the door to the garage open so it can continue airing out the house.

I continue fanning for the next bit. The house reeks of burnt microwaveness. Most of the smoke is out of the house although its still a bit hazy. There is a large hazy cloud in the garage just chillin out. At least it wasn't in the house though. So I learned a few things through this wonderful baking experience.

1-Never put cookie dough in the mircrowave for more than like 6 seconds, cause it will try and kill you.

2-I now have zero faith in my smoke alarm. That thing should have gone off like 4 times with all that smoke. I will die if there is a fire.

3-Its only ok to do all these things if your mom's not home. Cause then she can just ask. What is that awful smell? Oh, sorry mom i was just making cookies and...burned...one....yeah....(no i really told her what happened. and laughed. a lot.)

4- i might have sustained some smoke inhalation injuries.

In other news, MY. BED. SQUEAKS. the squeak needs to die NOW. before i go insane. I already hate my bed and the squeak just makes it worse. I only have to think about moving and it starts squeakin away. ahhhhh. squeak isn't even a word anymore now that i have looked at it for so long. is that even how its spelled?

White Chicks is a very funny movie. Over the past year or so my family has seen it a few times on the tv. Everyone in my family likes it. Even my grandma thought it was funny. So, awesome sister that i am, I decided to get White Chicks for my little brother for Christmas. Its hilarious. It's just so ridiculous that you have to laugh. If you haven't seen it, quick, go rent or buy it now. Or we can watch mine! If my brother is willing to part with it...

1 comment:

kristin brown said...

HA ha ha. I like that story a lot. :)